Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Clothespin Magnet



So I'm helping a friend with her daughter's graduation party and instead of doing a picture collage I thought, what about hanging individual pictures from ribbon using clothespins? So I went on Pinterest (THE go-to place for ideas) and boy, did I find ideas!
Her theme (sorta) is black with pink daisies, kinda like a classic-retro look. So I figured, why not jazz up plain clothespins, add magnets to the back and give them to the guests as a gift?




I soaked clothespins in 
clothes dye instead of 
painting (tip I got on Pinterest)

Cover pins with paper, ribbon or whatever you want. If you use paper be sure to seal with a coat of Mod Podge. 


I used Tim Holtz' small rosettes die, it kinda looked like daisies! Ink the edges using black ink and a sponge dauber. Then I jazzed it up with a rhinestone center







I had some issues gluing the magnets to the back of the pins. (I used magnetic tape strips) I originally used E6000 glue but the next day they peeled right off, so I used my hot glue gun.



Finished Clothespins

No comments:

Post a Comment