Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mason Jar Centerpiece

There are many variations for mason jar centerpieces, here's my take on it. 




The cover was the hardest thing to paint! I used a self-etching primer, then painted with a metal spray paint then a clear.

I painted inside the bottom of the jar with Mod Podge, poured glitter in the jar then shook it to cover the glue. I also added another coat of Mod Podge over the glitter to seal it. I HATE loose glitter! They get on everything!



I glued a flat back volleyball resin to the center of the daisy (she played volleyball) I gathered up some black sparkle tulle and glued it on the cover, drilled a hole in the center and stuck in the stem of a gerbera daisy.


Added some pictures of the graduating senior on a strip of paper big enough to roll in the jar. I used young and current photos. (I printed it in grayscale only because I wanted the colors to be black, silver and pink...very vintage and classic)
Here's the jars with the photos taped to the inside.
You can't tell from the photo but I have a tea light inside the jar...


Here's the finished project!





No comments:

Post a Comment